Never Say No To Panda
The Panda Cheese commercials are brilliant, and I’d like to believe, a product of scientific advertising. I have no basis for that, but I’m heaping praise on the creative and the analyst who worked on it.
You can see the series of commercials here.
- Divergent use of a violent panda.
- Repetitious use of a song across all five ads.
- Consistent direction (ie. over the head reaction shots from Panda POV).
- Desired behavior demonstrated (“Get another one…”).
- Divergent tag line, phrased in the negative. “Never Say No To Panda”, which contradicts the affirmative bias we’ve had for years.
Brilliant – check it out.