Someone asked, at the Digital Strategy Conference Vancouver, what the top 3 analytics tools were.
Repeating the answer here:
3. The Bullet Point
- It’s a powerful communication device.
- Keep it short.
- Because people read short bulleted lists.
2. A statistical tool, like R or something else, that can tell you about the relationships among the variables.
- Understanding the relationships among variables is important for making many decisions.
- Most tools can’t see outside themselves; or tell you anything about the relationship among variables.
- R is free; others are not.
1. Your own brain.
- You use it to understand the world.
- You use it to make decisions.
- There is, as of yet, no substitute tool on the market for your own brain.