Stephane Hamel posted an excellent article today on “The Three Heads of Online Analytics“.
- To succeed in online analytics, we need an analytics competency center.
- Start with the business in mind, get the technology in place, and then analyze to generate insights.
- Analyze your weaknesses and zap them, try adapting ‘paired programming’ that’s common in agile methods.
- There are T’s, S’s, and A’s. T’s are technical analysts. S’s are strategic analysts. A’s are Analytics (actual analytics, not fake BI reporting) analytics.
- Hiring a competent T-A is exceptional. Finding a S-A is getting easier. Finding a good T-S-A is damn near impossible. Most of them are consultants.
- Web analysts need to identify their weaknesses, be it T, S, or A – and move to vigorously eliminate them.
I thank Stephane for bringing it up and contributing.